Celebration Language Institute
6735 Conroy Road, Suite 321 Orlando, FL 32835
Student Visa

Change of Status

(Application from someone in the USA who wishes to change their status from tourist to student)

1Step One

To get you enrolled in our program we will need the following:

  • Copy of Passports and Visas (From F1 student and F2 dependents, valid for at least 6 to 12 months)
  • Marriage Certificate (If spouse is a dependent)
  • Copy of I-94
  • Bank statement showing proof of funds (The most recent)

Proof of funds for each F1 student:

US$ 12,000.00 (for every 12 months on the I-20) or $3,000.00 for 3 months

Proof of funds for each F2 dependent:

US$4,000.00 (for every 12 months on the I-20) or $1,000.00 for 3 months

- Fill out and Sign CLI forms.

Payment of:

  • US$150.00 Enrollment Fee: Includes your digital I-20, Acceptance Letter, and Placement test from Michigan University (Non-refundable)
  • US$425.00 First 4 weeks Tuition deposit (Refundable in case your petition is denied)

CLI is authorized by SEVP to enroll non-immigrant alien students who wish to study as an F1 student.

After reviewing your application, we will issue your Form I-20 with the purpose of "Change of Status," you will receive two original copies, one for yourself, and one for your immigration lawyer.

2Step Two

Pay the SEVIS fee (or I-901 fee) at: www.fmjfee.com

3Step Three

File Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, by yourself, or with legal assistance: www.uscis.gov/i-539

4Step Four

Immigration (USCIS) will notify the student of their decision. Please notify us immediately upon receipt of your petition’s approval notice.